Do you have a strong interest in fashion? Do you have a sense of style? You should consider starting a fashion blog, I think!
Doesn’t fashion blogging sound like the ideal pastime? Blogging can be a fulfilling and creative endeavor if you love fashion. It’s amazing to think that many fashion bloggers today are even referred to as “influencers” and that their work has evolved into more of a career.
You might be wondering how to start a fashion blog with the abundance of blogs available today. However, don’t worry—we’re here to assist! Starting a fashion blog can be simple and inexpensive. We’ve put up 8 easy steps to get you started:
FIND YOUR FASHION NICHE (HOW TO START A FASHION BLOG)
From antique style and ecological buying to ever-evolving fashion trends, there are many interesting aspects of the vast field of fashion. You need to identify your “niche” and what you can do to stand out if you want to develop content that is targeted to a certain audience.
This may seem difficult, but there are a few easy steps you can take to make it easier:
- Discover your passion and areas of greatest interest.
- See what other fashion blogs are doing online by exploring them.
- Find out what makes you different from the competition by doing some market research.
- Utilize free web resources like Google Trends, Google AdWords, etc, to conduct keyword research to determine what people are looking for.
CREATE YOUR BRAND
You must have a strong brand identification if you want to be recognized by readers, particularly in a market as crowded as fashion. Consider your target market, your target audience, and how you want your readers to see you as you begin to develop your brand.
You can get going with the help of the following advice:
- Make sure your name and logo are simple to remember and recognise when choosing them.
- Take into account your tone of speech; it should be consistent and appealing to your intended fashion audience.
- Consider how you want readers to recall your company.
CHOOSE YOUR DOMAIN NAME
It’s time to choose your domain name after you’ve established your brand identity.
When you wish to access a certain website, you type its particular address—its domain name—into your browser. It’s crucial to choose your domain name wisely from the start because it will influence the amount of traffic that your website receives. Choose something distinctive and appealing that relates to your niche in fashion.
In order to register your domain, you will need to pay an annual fee to domain registrars like Domain.com. The annual cost of a domain name ranges from $10 to $15.
LOG IN TO A BLOGGING PLATFORM
Now it is the time to register with a blogging service, where you can manage, produce, and modify all of your content while using themes to personalise and brand your fashion blog
The two website builders listed below are those we suggest for launching a fashion blog:
It’s understandable why bloggers, small businesses, and creatives adore Squarespace. Starting at $12 a month, it includes lovely themes that are perfect for fashion blogging as well as powerful SEO techniques to help your fashion blog surface with interested viewers.
WIX is user-friendly and excellent for novices. It’s frequently used for blogging and online portfolios. It’s a user-friendly site builder with user-friendly features and stylish themes that costs about $14 per month and can help you launch your fashion blog.
Before you can begin personalising your blog, you must first select your monthly price plan, provide your personal information, and choose a domain name. Then it’s time to enjoy yourself!
SELECT AND CUSTOMIZE A THEME
It’s time for you to select a theme and exercise your creativity. Choosing the proper look and style is essential because fashion blogs are more focused on imagery and aesthetics than most other blogs.
After deciding on a theme, you can begin to develop your fashion blog by adding photographs, text, menus, and navigation bars.
The following information explains how personalization functions on our favourite website builders:
- Squarespace offers simple, modern themes that are simple to customise. Additionally, it provides greater section-based drag-and-drop customization; this may take some practise to get used to.
- WIX offers a wide variety of easily customizable templates, and you can drag and drop your content just about anywhere. You have a lot of creative latitude with this functionality, which is perfect for fashion blogging.
INSTALLING OF APPS
I guess you are now thinking of how you can make your blog more functional? Fortunately, website builders now enable you to incorporate apps, such social share icons and email marketing tools, which will increase the value and appeal of your fashion blog.
You might find the following apps in each builder useful:
- A number of sharing apps are also available through Squarespace, along with extensions like Art of Where and Unsplash.
- Additionally, there are hundreds of apps available in the WIX App Market, like Editorify and the Pinterest Pin It button app.
PLAN AND CREATE CONTENT FOR YOUR FASHION BLOG
You can start making pages as soon as you have a working theme in place. We advise putting your static material first, including your homepage, “About Me” page, and “Contact Me” page containing information about you. Your blog’s homepage serves as the initial impression for your Visitor, therefore it must grab their attention right away.
Having a regular publication schedule for your fashion articles is also crucial. Larger websites publish fresh content every day, but you’ll be on the right track if you can start with a few posts every week and then progressively grow them.
To set a schedule for your material and get automated reminders when to post, try using Google Sheets.
PROMOTE YOUR FASHION BLOG
Now, what is the last action? Putting effort into the major methods involved can help you stand out in a sea of fashion bloggers. Proper blog marketing is essential for success.
We’ve compiled some of our best digital marketing advice to assist you in concentrating on growth:
- Once you begin adding material, you’ll need to use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to make sure that users can locate your website. You may improve your rankings in Google’s search results by concentrating on SEO. To get started, start by conducting some keyword research, but many website builders also provide integrated SEO tools that are also worth checking out.
- Social media marketing: More than 52% of online brands are found through social media, so you must start establishing a presence on a variety of social networks, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- Email promotion: To collect email addresses from your readers and start frequent interaction, try using an email opt-in solution. This will benefit you in the long term if you intend to monetize your fashion blog and sell things to followers.
Fashion blogging is more common than ever and it may be a representation of your creativity and personal style in addition to being a motivating, satisfying, and sometimes successful endeavour! You may create a profitable fashion blog with our assistance and a little dedication.