Hello all, welcome to my blog post. The person we are going to discuss here is well known by everyone in the world. He has been a successful founder. He has built Amazon into one of the most valuable companies in the world.
You must have heard about Amazon Company. It is a global e-commerce platform that allows customers to buy and sell goods, services, and other products from anywhere in the world, without leaving their homes or office.
In this blog post, I will be talking about his life story and how he got started with Amazon. He is not just the founder of Amazon, but other organizations like Blue Origin, EDBazaar, Amazon Web Services, etc. Let’s start with one of his most famous quotes I am sure you have heard it before.
- “Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful” – Jeff Bezos
- Who is Jeff Bezos?
- Quick Details
- Physical Appearance
- The Biography Jeff Bezos: Founder of Amazon
- The Career & Major works of Jeff Bezos: A Self-Made Millionaire
- Fascinating Facts About Jeff Bezos: You Can’t-Miss
- Net Worth of Jeff Bezos
- Inspirational quote from Jeff Bezos
- Jeff Bezos car collection
- Jeff Bezos Residence
- Jeff Bezos Favorite Things
- Awards & Achievements of Jeff Bezos
“Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful” – Jeff Bezos
Introducing Jeffrey Preston Bezos also known as Jeff Bezos is an American entrepreneur, computer engineer, and commercial astronaut. He is the founder, executive chairman, president and former CEO of Amazon.
Let’s get further details about his early life, education, profession, and family. I will share some of his achievements and some of his failures that have shaped his life. We will discuss his life as an entrepreneur. I am sure you will be inspired by this great man. I hope you enjoy reading it.
Who is Jeff Bezos?
Jeffrey Preston Bezos has been a pioneer in the world of e-commerce since he founded Amazon, Inc. Amazon is one of the largest online retailers in the world, and it has become the most popular shopping destination for consumers.
He is the founder, executive chairman, and former president and CEO of Amazon. He is one of the richest people in the world who got successful through his business risk. Furthermore, he is a businessman, engineer, media proprietor, space enthusiast, and philanthropist, Bezos has excelled in every field he has ventured into.
Jeff Bezos was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on January 12th, 1964, to 17-year-old Jacklyn and a father Ted Jorgensen. He had a messy childhood. He developed an interest in science and technology when he was very young. Furthermore, he was mostly raised in Houston and Miami.
Jeff Bezos attended River Oaks Elementary School till sixth grade. When Jeff Bezos’s moved with his family to Miami, Florida he attended Miami Palmetto High School. He worked at McDonald’s while attending high school during his breakfast shifts.
In the year 1986, he got a degree from Princeton University with a 4.2 GPA (Grade Point Average) for a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science and electrical engineering. In the same year, he started operating for Fitel, a fintech telecommunications start-up.
Between the years 1988-1990, Jeff Bezos became a product manager at Bankers Trust. Then joined a freshly based hedge fund known as D. E. Shaw & Co in 1990 where he worked till 1994 once at simply the age of thirty, he chaired as senior vice chairman.
|Full Name||Jeffrey Preston Bezos (born name Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen)|
|Date of Birth||January 12th, 1964|
|Age (as of 2022)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Father||Ted Jorgensen (Biological Father) Cuban immigrant Miguel “Mike”|
|Qualification||Degree in electrical engineering and computer science (Graduated)|
|Profession||Founder and former CEO of Amazon/ Technology Entrepreneur, Investor|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm|
|Weight||165 pounds (70 kg)|
The Biography Jeff Bezos: Founder of Amazon
- Jeffrey Preston Bezos is a former president and CEO of Amazon. He is one of the richest people in the world who got successful through his business ventures. Furthermore, he is a businessman, engineer, media proprietor, space enthusiast, and philanthropist.
- Jeff Bezos was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the U.S. on January 12th, 1964, to 17-year-old Jacklyn and a father Ted Jorgensen. His mother, Jacklyn Gise, had him as a young adult and his biological father, Ted Jorgensen, left them as shortly as he detected the news.
- Years later his mother married Miguel Bezos a Cuban. Now, Miguel adopted Jeffrey, and he received his name. The family affected Houston, Texas. He developed an interest in science and technology when he was very young. Furthermore, he was mostly raised in Houston and Miami.
- Jeff Bezos attended River Oaks Elementary School till sixth grade. When Jeff Bezos’s moved with his family to Miami, Florida he attended Miami Palmetto High School. He worked at McDonald’s while attending high school during his breakfast shifts.
- Jeff Bezos graduated from Princeton University with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science with a GPA score of 4.2. Later, he started operating for Fitel, a fintech telecommunications start-up. He worked there as a computer system developer and later became a vice president.
- After moving to New York City, he decided to enter the world of finance, in Bankers Trust, he also had the position of vice president in 1990. Jeff Bezos realized that the Internet was growing, and he could make money by selling products online.
- He decides to rent a garage and owned an online bookstore named Amazon. After a few years, he included a variety of other consumer goods. In 2013 Amazon was known as the largest online shopping retailer in the world.
- In the year 2021, Jeff Bezos announced that he would step down from his role as chief executive officer of Amazon, to become the Executive Chairman of the Amazon Board. Also, he wanted to focus on Blue Origin, The Washington Post, and other passions.
The Career & Major works of Jeff Bezos: A Self-Made Millionaire
- After graduating from Princeton in 1988, Bezos had job offers from Intel, Bell Labs, and Anderson Consulting. Bezos turned those all the way down to begin at fintech telecommunications start-up Fitel.
- In 1988 Bezos transitioned into the banking system, turning into a product manager at Bankers Trust.
- Jeff Bezos left Banker trust in the year 1990, to accompany a freshly started hedge fund, D. E. Shaw & Co. At the age of 30, he became the hedge fund’s fourth senior vice-president and worked there till 1994.
- He left D. E. Shaw & Co. to start Amazon while writing up the business plan on a road trip from New York to Seattle. To start Amazon from his rented garage and owned an online bookstore originally named Cadabra.
- In 1998, he expanded the site to offer other consumers goods. Along with Amazon, he founded other organizations like Blue Origin in 2000. It’s a human spaceflight startup company. In 2013, Jeff Bezos purchased The Washington Post for $250 million in cash.
- In 2021 Jeff co-founded Altos Labs with two partners. Altos Labs could be a liberally funded biotechnology company dedicated to harnessing cellular reprogramming to develop longevity medical specialties.
- Bezos makes personal investments through his risk capital vehicle, Bezos Expeditions, which has placed cash into firms like Airbnb, Business insider, Twitter, Uber, Grail, and General Assembly.
Fascinating Facts About Jeff Bezos: You Can’t-Miss
- Jeff Bezos’ Biological Father Ted Jorgensen was a Circus Performer.
- Jeff Bezos is the founder of Amazon and other organizations and is amongst the wealthiest people on the planet.
- Bezos grew up as a tinkerer and an entrepreneur. He turned his parent’s garage into an associate engineering workshop, experimenting with electrical elements.
- In 2020, Jeff Bezos bought the Warner estate in Beverly Hills for a record $165 million. The estate features a 13,600-square-foot mansion, two guesthouses, a pool, and a tennis court.
- Jeff Bezos Survived a 2018 Helicopter Crash.
- Bezos Made a Cameo Appearance in the Movie Star Trek Beyond.
- He makes around $8.99 billion a month, which comes to a daily amount of $321 million.
- Jeff Bezos founded his private space travel company Blue Origin in 2000.
- According to The Land Report magazine 2017 edition, Jeff Bezos is the 28th largest landowner in the USA.
- Jeff also liked the name Relentless for his company hence relentless.com will also take an individual to the Amazon website.
- In 1999, He was named Time Magazine’s Person of the Year.
- In early 2021, Jeffrey Preston Bezos was overtaken by Tesla’s Elon Musk to be the richest person in the world.
- He Dropped $5.5 Billion To Spend 4 Minutes in Space.
- Jeff Bezos was an Early Investor in Google
Net Worth of Jeff Bezos
In 2021, Jeffrey Preston Bezos’s net worth was $185.9 billion as per Forbes. He was the world’s second-richest person at that time. Today his net worth is 130 billion USD.
|Net worth in 2022||130 billion USD(as of 2022)|
|Income per month||$140,153|
|Income per day||$4,700|
Inspirational quote from Jeff Bezos
- “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.”
- “One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out.”
- “What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you – what used to be a tail wind is now a headwind – you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.”
- “If you double the number of experiments you do per year you’re going to double your inventiveness.”
- “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.”
- “In business, what’s dangerous is not to evolve.”
Jeff Bezos car collection
Bezos owns a $65 million private jet. He also owns some more high-end luxury vehicles.
- Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio ($3 million)
- Bugatti Veyron Mansory ($3.4 million)
- W Motors Lykan Hyper Sport ($3.4 million)
- Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita ($4.8 million )
- Lamborghini Veneno ($4.5 million)
Jeff Bezos Residence
He has owned residential properties in five different locations –
- Two homes in Medina, Washington
- A former textile museum turned residence in Kalorama, North West Washington, D.C. worth $23 million
- Two adjoining homes in Beverly Hills, California
- A 30,000-acre ranch house in Cotulla, Texas
- Three condos in Century building at 25 Central Park West in Manhattan, NYC
Jeff Bezos Favorite Things
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies by Jim Collins
- Creation: Life and How to Make It by Steve Grand
- The Black Swan by Nassim Taleb
- The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvements by Eliyahu Goldratt
Historical Personalities – Walt Disney, Thomas Edison
Movie – Star Trek (Fond of any game, character, or trivia related to it)
Author – Cormac McCarthy
Novel – Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
Awards & Achievements of Jeff Bezos
- In 1999, Time named Jeff Bezos Person of the Year.
- In 2008, he was selected by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s best leaders.
- In 2012, he was named Businessperson of the Year by Fortune.
- From 2014 to 2018, Harvard Business Review ranked him the best-performing CEO in the world.
- In 2018, he was elected for “leadership and innovation in space exploration, autonomous systems, and building a commercial pathway for human space flight” by the National Academy of Engineering.
This article concludes that his success has been due to his ability to make money from any product or service that he sells. He also made many charitable contributions to charities. He has known for his generosity and generosity toward others, which is why he has become one of the most successful entrepreneurs in America.
Keep supporting us by reading our blog posts, articles, and other social media channels. I hope you enjoy my work. It’s a good way to stay updated about the happenings in your industry. I am sure you will find something interesting here.
Stay with us for another interesting article on famous founders and Entrepreneurs.
Who is the founder of Amazon?
Jeff Bezos is the president and former CEO of Amazon. He is one of the richest people in the world who got successful through his business ventures.
When did Jeff Bezos leave the position of Amazon’s CEO?
Jeff Bezos stepped down from his CEO position on July 5, 2021.
How rich is Jeff Bezos?
Jeff Bezos is the second-wealthiest person in the world and was the wealthiest from 2017 to 2021 according to both Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index and Forbes.