Introducing Sundar Pichai, the CEO of Google and one of the most successful entrepreneurs of our time. Sundar Pichai is an Indian-American business executive. He is the chief executive officer (CEO) of Alphabet Inc. and its subsidiary Google. Let’s start with his famous quote
- “It is always good to work with people who make you feel insecure about yourself. That way, you will constantly keep pushing your limits.” — Sundar Pichai
- Who is Sundar Pichai?
- Quick Details
- Physical Appearance
- The Biography of Sundar Pichai: CEO of Google
- The Career & Major works of Sundar Pichai: A Self-Made Millionaire
- Fascinating Facts About Sundar Pichai: You Can’t-Miss
- The lifestyle of Sundar Pichai
- Personal life of Sundar Pichai
- Net Worth of Sundar Pichai
- Inspirational quote from Sundar Pichai
- Awards & Achievements of Sundar Pichai
“It is always good to work with people who make you feel insecure about yourself. That way, you will constantly keep pushing your limits.” — Sundar Pichai
Well, you all must already know a thing or two about him. He is one of the most famous Indian Leaders. He is one of the highest civilians in India. Sundar Pichai has an extraordinary memory, specifically for telephone numbers. Hereupon we know how uncommon he is! Pichai is the greatest example of hard work always pays off.
In this article, we will discuss his life story which includes his early life, education, profession, and family. I will share some of his achievements and some of his failures that have shaped his life. We will discuss his life as an entrepreneur. I am sure you will be inspired by this great man. I hope you enjoy reading it.
Who is Sundar Pichai?
Sundar Pichai, full name Pichai Sundararajan (born June 10, 1972) is a well-known entrepreneur. He is an Indian-American business executive. He is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Alphabet Inc. and its subsidiary Google.
Pichai has been working at Google since 2004, through his hard work and dedication he become CEO in 2015. And eventually leading the whole company on his shoulders. Sundar Pichai is a humble person and a great leader.
From his younger days, he was very much interested in computers and technology. And 3 things that helped to create this perception were the telephone, electric refrigerator, and scooter. They don’t have a telephone at their home for that they waited for five years.
His father used to travel so far as to make a call and this method use to be for one hour. Once they bought their 3 things their family’s time was saved then Sundar Pichai learned that technology will save so much time. So, his childhood learning became a concept for Google “we make products at Google which will save time”.
|Full Name||Pichai Sundararajan|
|Date of Birth||June 10th, 1972|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Language Known||Tamil, Hindi & English|
|Profession||Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Google and Alphabet|
|Net worth in 2022||$600 million|
|Annual Income||$600 million|
|Income per month||$18 Million|
|Income per day||$0.86 Million|
|Height||Approx. 1.8 m, 5’9” feet|
|Weight||Approx. 78 kg|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
The Biography of Sundar Pichai: CEO of Google
- Sundar Pichai was born on 10th June 1972 in a middle-class family, located in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India. They have a two-room house where they gave one room on rent for extra income. His mother, Lakshmi Pichai, was a stenographer, and his father, Regunatha Pichai, was an electrical engineer at GEC, the British conglomerate.
- Pichai Sundararajan completed his schooling at Jawahar Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School. and Class XII from Vana Vani school at IIT Madras. Sundar Pichai studied at IIT Kharagpur in metallurgical engineering. And went to the US on a full scholarship for an M.S. from Stanford University in materials science and engineering, and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- He applied for Ph.D. from Stanford University in Stanford, California but dropped out of the university. In the year 2004, he was selected by Google and initially worked on Google’s search toolbar.
- Later, in the year 2008, he released Google’s browser to the public, Google Chrome. Sundar Pichai was promoted to vice president of product development and by the year 2012 he was promoted to senior vice president, and in the year 2014, he became product chief over both Google and the Android smartphone operating system.
- In the year 2013, he got the opportunity to become a CEO at Microsoft. and Sundar Pichai was about to resign from Google. But after a survey of Google from their 70 offices around the globe, they said that Google could not run without Pichai Sundararajan. After 11 years of hard work at Google. He became the CEO of Google and the company’s shares.
The Career & Major works of Sundar Pichai: A Self-Made Millionaire
- Sundar Pichai worked with Applied Materials and McKinsey & Company before joining Google in the year 2004.
- Once he tried to convince a McKinsey colleague to avoid Google. But later he realized that moving to Google would be an appropriate career move. Pichai joined Google on April Fools’ Day in 2004. Surprisingly, it was the same day that Gmail was introduced to the world.
- In the year 2004, he joined Google and initially worked on Google’s search toolbar. The toolbar was created to grant Internet Explorer and Firefox users simple access to Google search.
- The toolbar’s success encouraged him to think of Google as having its web browser. Eric Schmidt, the then-CEO of Google, thought that it wasn’t well worth the price. However, Pichai Sundararajan had a strong belief in the plan and ultimately convinced the founders of Google to launch Google’s web browser.
- Later, in the year 2008, he released Google’s browser to the public, Google Chrome. Sundar Pichai led the launch of Chrome which became the most effective application program in the world, surpassing each net person and Firefox.
- This earned Pichai Sundararajan worldwide recognition in 2008, and he became the Vice President of Development at Google.
- From the year 2008 to 2013, Larry Page ensured that Pichai’s rise in Google was fast. In 2011, Sundar Pichai got the opportunity to move to Twitter as head of product development. However, he determined to remain with Google.
- In 2013, once android creator Andy Rubin left for Google’s artificial intelligence project, Pichai was asked to accept android too. He was a crystal rectifier of the rise of Android’s app scheme.
- In 2014, Pichai nearly became the third chief operating officer of Microsoft, however, Google managed to retain him. After 11 years of hard work at Google. He became the CEO of Google and the company’s shares.
- When Google determined to create its parent company, Alphabet INC, Sundar Pichai succeeded Larry Page because of the CEO of Google. Pichai Sundararajan, the person behind Google Chrome, is currently head of all products at Google, together with Ads, Android, Apps, Maps, Search, and YouTube.
Fascinating Facts About Sundar Pichai: You Can’t-Miss
- Sundar Pichai is fond of cricket and was the captain of his school cricket team.
- He is a huge fan of the Barcelona Football Club and his favorite player is Lionel Messi.
- He is very good at remembering telephone numbers and could remember every telephone number he dialed when he was young.
- He was about to switch to Microsoft also one of the top contenders for the post of CEO, which ultimately went to Satya Nadella.
- Not only that, but he has been the master of ceremonies at Google I/O for the past few years.
- He met his wife Anjali at IIT-Kharagpur.
- He bought his first smartphone in 2006 but his first mobile phone ever was a Motorola Startac in 1995.
- Sundar Pichai won a scholarship to Stanford University (USA) to study for an MS in Material Sciences and Engineering.
- He was named a Palmer Scholar and a Siebel Scholar for academic excellence.
- He Developed Google Chrome and Google Drive.
The lifestyle of Sundar Pichai
- Mr. Pichai wakes up at around 6:30 -7 am and kicks off his day.
- Exercising is directly linked with a clear mind and sharp intelligence. He goes to the gym mostly in the evening.
- The CEO of Google likes to walk but in Office. He does many of his meetings pacing up and down. It helps him think, he said.
- Sunder Pichai’s schedule in the afternoon is all occupied with work.
- The evenings are occupied by spending time with his family and also looking after his work.
Personal life of Sundar Pichai
Sundar Pichai is a family-loving person.
- Sundar Pichai married Anjali Pichai, his friend from IIT Kharagpur. Anjali Pichai is an engineer.
- The couple has two children, his daughter’s name is Kavya Pichai, and his son’s name is Kiran Pichai.
- CEO of Google resides in the most coveted town of California’s Santa Clara County named Los Altos Hills.
Net Worth of Sundar Pichai
Sundar Pichai has a net worth of 600 million dollars. A total of 90 million dollars of shares is linked to Alphabet’s performance. And his monthly salary is 18 million dollars. His journey is an inspiration.
|Net worth in 2022||$1.31 Billion(as of 2022)|
|Annual Income||$600 million|
|Income per month||$18 Million|
|Income per day||$0.86 Million|
Inspirational quote from Sundar Pichai
- You might fail a few times, but that’s ok. You end up doing something worthwhile.
- Academics are important but not everything. Take risks, try different things, and follow your passion.
- As a leader, it is important to not just see your success but focus on the success of others.
- Wear your failure as a badge of honor!
- One can be happy if their attitude towards everything in his life is right.
Awards & Achievements of Sundar Pichai
In 2022, Sundar Pichai honor with the Padma Bhushan from the Government of India, its third-highest civilian award.
This concludes Mr. Sundar Pichai’s success story in the world of technology. Sundar Pichai Proved that if you’re creative, and have problem-solving skills that can be applied to any situation, then you will succeed.
He is a pioneer in the field of the internet. He has been working on various projects for many years and now, he is one of the most successful people in the world.
Keep supporting us by reading our blog posts, articles, and other social media channels. I hope you enjoy my work. It’s a good way to stay updated about the happenings in your industry. I am sure you will find something interesting here.
Stay with us for another interesting article on famous Entrepreneurs.
Who is the CEO of Google?
Sundar Pichai is an Indian-American business executive. He is the chief executive officer (CEO) of Alphabet Inc. and its subsidiary Google.
Did Sundar Pichai invent Chrome?
No, Sundar Pichai didn’t invent Chrome, but he was actively involved in the development of Chrome.
What did Sundar Pichai study?
Sundar Pichai studied at IIT Kharagpur and earned a degree in metallurgical engineering.
When did Sundar Pichai join Google as a manager?
Sundar Pichai joined Google in 2004 as the head of product management and development.
Sundar Pichai’s Monthly Salary?
Sundar Pichai’s monthly salary is 18 million dollars.
Jeff Bezos: Amazon’s Mastermind https://mytechsafari.com/latest-trends/jeff-bezos-amazon-mastermind/